26th of November, 2021
‘INnovate & INspire’
Open for submissions
EIT Health Spain and SEIB are proud to announce the launch of the first edition of the EIT Health Spain Biomedical Engineering Award aimed at fostering entrepreneurship and innovation among recent graduates and students of this speciality. The award celebrates academic excellence and encourages students to continue the pursuit of healthy lives in Europe through their future career.
We invite all bioengineering graduates and students to participate as applicants by sharing the topic of their Final Degree Project or Final Master Project (“TFG” or “TFM”) and as members of the audience to vote for the Audience Choice Prize.
The awards consist of
- The Patient-focused Vision Award. The prize includes 500 euros plus two comprehensive mentoring sessions with the EIT Health Spain team.
- The Most Promising Business-oriented Vision Award. The prize includes 500 euros plus two comprehensive mentoring sessions with the EIT Health Spain team.
- The Audience Choice Award will be decided by a vote. The prize includes 200 euros plus two comprehensive mentoring sessions with the EIT Health Spain team.*
Who can apply:
For the 2021 edition the award is calling for all degree, Master or PhD students and young professionals working in Biomedical Engineering, who have graduated within the last 3 years.
When to apply:
The award is open for submissions. The final date for submissions is Tuesday, November 2nd, 2021 at 12:00 pm noon (UTC +1).
How to apply:
Please complete this short form (link to be provided) and submit it before the deadline.
The application consists of:
- Short description and applicant details (graduation year and institution required).
- A pitching video of 5 to 8 minutes summarizing the most relevant aspects of the Final Degree Project (TFG), Final Master Project ( “TFM”) or a current work project related to biomedical engineering. Pitches should be in English only.
The video should demonstrate:
a) The uniqueness and creativity of the idea.
b) The potential impact on the lives of patients.
c) The potential to become a new business or improve an existing business.
d) The practical nature of the idea and how the idea could be implemented.
A link to submit your video application will be added soon!
*How to vote for the Audience Choice Award:
A shortlist of finalists will be published on Tuesday, November 16th, 2021.
A link to cast your vote will be made available allowing for one vote per person which will be verified.
Award guidelines and conditions:
- Any of the awards will only be delivered to Biomedical Engineering graduates able to officially prove completion of studies with the corresponding accreditation. The organisation holds the right to decline the delivery of the Award in the event this proof cannot be provided.
- The participants are the sole responsible for the authenticity of the presented works. The Award is aimed at celebrating excellence and authenticity. Should any claim in terms of plagiarism or authenticity be placed towards a candidacy, the organisation holds the right to explore and discard or not the participant.
- EIT Health Spain commits to deliver the economical award before the end of the 2021 year as well as scheduling the mentoring session before the end of January 2022.
- The Awards organisation will communicate the shortlist to the candidates so they can mobilise votes for the Audience Award.
- The organisation commits to display a succinct form. Incomplete forms will not be considered.
- The Jury Members will be published publicly on the Awards section of the website together with the agenda of the Awards Delivery Ceremony event.
- By presenting your candidacy, you are accepting the above listed conditions.